“Many gutter guards have openings. Won’t only water go through the holes and gaps?”
No. If there are holes or openings of any kind then debris will get into your gutters. Marketing and salespeople may say otherwise, but if you see any holes or openings then material will get into your gutters.
- Is there an opening large enough to allow bees in? Then bees will view your gutter as a perfect home for a hive.
- Is there an opening large enough for pine needles to fit through? Then pine needles will get into your gutters.
- Is there an opening large enough to allow shingle grit to fit though? Shingle grit will get in.
- Reverse curve gutter protection systems have a large opening that runs along the entire front face of the gutter guard, easily allowing debris to enter.
- If your gutter protection system has holes or openings, be prepared to climb that ladder or hire a professional to clean your gutters.